Friday, July 13, 2007

Amazement

God is good.

I pour out my heart and not only does He faithfully listen but He faithfully responds.

I know that not all responses will be quick but today, He answered almost instantaneously and I am grateful.

I sought His guidance in prayer and sought confirmation through Scripture and sit here amazed by His faithfulness, mercy and direction.
I realized that I don't need to seek personal strength.
I need to seek HIM.

I no longer want the ability to "handle everything";
I want to have the ability to rest in Him and trust that HE will handle whatever comes my way.

I want to be broken so that He may build.
I want to be set free so that He may live within me.

I want to rest in His arms and live in accordance with His will.
I want to be healed and be filled with the peace that can only come from Him.

I seek the courage and the faith to face each and every circumstance with honesty, emotion, and clarity.
I want to be able to see what God sees and address any and all unresolved issues.

I want to repent and allow His healing and direction to take place.
I asked that He grant me the ability to face these "giants" with the knowledge and understanding that He is capable and willing to conquer and destroy the sinfulness in my life and in my heart (in HIS own way and in HIS own time).

I hold fast to the promises that He will never leave nor forsake me, that He will work out all in according to His purposes, that He is my strength, my shield, my Redeemer and my guide.

He has helped me to re-frame a specific event and I can now see His hand in the circumstances.
What an awesome, empowering moment to realize that He had His hands upon me even when I was 5 years old.

During a time of loneliness, panic and fear, He had already set in motion ways in which I would be comforted, consoled, and led to peace.

As I said, God is good and I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment