Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Borrowed Words

I still feel like I am wandering around in darkness. Tears, sleep, cookie dough (!) and reading have been the tasks of the day. Tears are coming way too easily and frequently for my comfort, but my thought processes seem to be clearing up.

I have spent much of today and most of yesterday in Scripture. I am not having difficulty approaching God in prayer but I am struggling with what to say or request. I am glad that He knows my heart and that the Holy Spirit is willing to intercede amidst the tears but the ability to present my thoughts and feelings into words would also be nice.
I have been going through the Old Testament and re-discovered some "old favorite passages" along with coming across new verses that tug at my heart. I "re-wrote" some verses for the sake of personalization, not for quoting. The thoughts, the promises, and the truths have been comforting and thought provoking. Hopefully, soon, I will be able to put some of those thoughts into coherent sentences.
(Deuteronomy 34: 6, 7, 14) My God is a gracious and merciful God. He is slow to anger and rich in faithfulness. He is filled with unfailing love and willing to forgive me of every kind of sin and rebellion. He is passionate about His children and truly desires to have a relationship with me.

(Deuteronomy 30:4, 6)The Lord, my God, will come and find me even if I am at the ends of the earth. He will find me and bring me back to Him. He will cleanse my heart so that I may love Him with all of my heart and soul and so that I may live.

(Deuteronomy 30:19-22) Today the Lord is giving me a choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I choose life. I choose to love the Lord my God and to obey Him. I commit myself to Him for He is my life.

(Deuteronomy 31:6) The Lord is my rock. His work is perfect. Everything He does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who is just, upright, and does no wrong.

(2 Chronicles 20:3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 17, 20) I will seek the Lord for guidance. He, alone, is the God in heaven. He is powerful. He is mighty. He is the ruler of the earth. No one (nothing) can stand against my God. I can cry out to Him to save me. He will hear me and come to my rescue. I look to Him for help because I am powerless and do not know what to do. He tells me to not be afraid for He will fight my battles. I only need to take my position, stand still, and watch His victories. I must believe in Him and I will be able to stand firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment