Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Comforted by Scripture

These past few days have been very difficult.
My emotions have been all over the place: sadness, anger, disappointment, despondency and despair.
During some of the "dark moments", I read in the book of Isaiah and found comfort in the following verses.

I paraphrased the verses for the sake of personalization.
I know that these written things are true and I will cling to the promises of God and trust Him to bring me through this time of darkness.
Isaiah 40: The Lord will come in all His glorious power. He rules with awesome strength. He feeds me, a part of His flock, like a shepherd. He will carry me in His arms, holding me close to His heart. He will gently lead me. The Lords sees my troubles. The Lord hears my case. The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows faint or weary. I couldn't begin to measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to me when I'm tired and worn out. He offers strength to me when I'm weak. He knows I will become exhausted and want to give up. But when I wait on the Lord, I will find new strength. I will fly high on wings like eagles. I will run and not grow weary. I will walk and not faint.  
Isaiah 41: God has chosen me and will not throw me away. He is with me; I do not have to be afraid. I do not have to be dismayed because He is my God. He will strengthen me. He will help me. He will uphold me.
Isaiah 42:  Jesus will reveal justice. He will be gentle and not crush those who are weak or quench the smallest hope. He has called me to demonstrate His righteousness. He will guard and support me.
Isaiah 43:  I do not have to be afraid because the Lord has ransomed me. He has called me by name. I am His. He is with me as I go through deep waters and great trouble. He will not let me drown when I go through rivers of difficulty. He will not let the burning flames consume me when I walk through the fire of oppression. He is the Lord, my God---my Savior. I am precious to Him and He loves me. I do not have to be afraid because He is with me.
I cannot imagine my life without God.

No comments:

Post a Comment