Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Know This to be True

The inability to articulate much, except irritation and frustration remain. I am continuing to search Scripture for those type of "hold-on-to-these-truths-kind-of-verses". I started in the book of Psalms this morning. Again, these aren't direct Biblical quotes; I am writing the verses out to make personal application.

(Psalm 3:3-5)The Lord is a shield around me. He is my glory. He is the one who lifts my head high. I cry out to him and He answers me. I can wake up in safety because He is watching over me.

(Psalm 9:9, 10, 12, 13, 16; 11:1)The Lord is my shelter and refuge. He will never abandon me as I search for Him. He is known for His justice. He will have mercy on me and not ignore my cries to Him for help. I will trust Him for protection.

(Psalm 13: 5, 6)I will trust in the Lord's unfailing love. He will rescue me and I will be able to rejoice. He is good to me.

(Psalm 16: 1, 2, 5, 8, and 11)I can come to the Lord for refuge. He will keep me safe. All of the good things that I have are from Him. He, alone, is my cup of blessing and He will guard all that is mine. He is always with me. I do not have to be shaken for He is right beside me. He will show me the way of life while granting me the joy of His presence.

(Psalm 18:1-3)The Lord is my strength. He is my rock, my fortress, my Savior. I can find protection in Him because He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.

(Psalm 18:16-19)The Lord is reaching down from heaven to rescue me. He will uphold me and lead me to a place of safety. He rescues me because He delights in me.

(Psalm 18: 28-36)The Lord will bring light to my life. He will light up my darkness. In His strength, I can crush an army. With Him, I can scale any wall. His ways are perfect and all of His promises prove to be true. He will be my shield when I look to Him for protection. He is a solid rock that arms me with strength and He has made my way safe. The Lord will lead me safely. He will prepare me and strengthen me. He will give me the shield of His salvation and uphold me with His right hand. His gentleness will make me great. He will make a path for me to keep my feet from slipping.

(Psalm 23)The Lord is my shepherd. He will give me everything I need. He will give me rest and lead me to peace and safety. He will renew my strength and guide me along the right path. I do not have to be afraid for He is close beside me. He will protect and comfort me. He will welcome me and will bless me. His goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment