Thursday, July 12, 2007

Initiating Changes

Today is a frightening day.

Upon my new realization that God truly desires a personal relationship with me, comes the realization that I MUST trust him with everything---including events from my past.

Not simply the acknowledgement of the past but the feelings and fears associated with the events.

I fear the feelings causing Him to turn away.

I fear the feelings will overwhelm me and lead me back to the darkness (another trust issue!!! God WANTS to lead me to the light!!).

I have to confess to Him my "running away", trust that He won't run, and lay it ALL before Him in repentance and humility.

Am I strong enough to do this or is that the point?!

It's not about my strength but HIS strength, HIS character, HIS promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment