Saturday, July 14, 2007

Realistic Expectations

Today has been a good day. I realized that I must "lower my expectations" in regards to what I expect from myself and from others.

Not in the sense of expecting the worst but in being more realistic about what others and I may accomplish, offer and simply be in terms of our humanness.

I am coming to realize that some of my biggest disappointments stem from expecting to receive what isn't possible for others to give or attempting to give what I don't possess.

People are imperfect.
Only God is good.

All can and eventually will be lost.
God is never ending.

Sinfulness is within each of us.
God is Holy and without fault.

Relationships with family and friends are important but God is to above all.
May my heart hold fast to these truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment