Monday, July 16, 2007

Secure in His Hands

I awoke this morning feeling a bit unsettled. I know dreams don't necessarily mean anything, but the one I remember has a grip on my heart.

I was at a riverside where the waters were calming, peaceful, and refreshingly cool.
I was jumping into the water off the side of the rocks with the comforting laughter of friends nearby.
As I was floating down the river, suddenly the sky grew dark and the water temperature began to change so I quickly got out of the water.
The crystal-clear water had turned to a moving torrent of hot lava and I realized that my friends were gone.

I was panic-stricken and frozen with fear when I felt a hand upon my shoulder as I was being covered with protective gear.
I heard the voice of Jesus tell me to hold on to His hand.
He told me that I had to jump in to be saved but that He would be right beside me to protect me from the heat and burns.
He directed me to jump in, with Him, at the count of three but it took me to the count of ten.
I was ashamed at my hesitance but He just warmly smiled and strengthened His grasp of my hand.
When I (we) hit the hot surface, I woke up.

In my Bible study last night, I was reading about the "armor of God" and what each piece of that armor entailed. I also completed re-reading Laughter in the Dark by Chonda Pierce and wrote down some thoughts from her book within my prayer journal:
"I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

No comments:

Post a Comment