Monday, August 20, 2007

Beginning Another School Year

Well, my summer break is officially over. Teachers return tomorrow beginning with an 8:00 donut breakfast. We will have in-service for a week and the students will arrive next Monday. Overall, this has been a good summer break. I never would have imagined how fast it would go by, especially since I wasn't working, but it has flown. I have mixed feelings about returning to work. I think what I most need to remember is to develop and keep a balance between work responsibilities and other areas of my life.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone and getting a new group of kids always presents its own set of joys and challenges. I am still so unprepared, in terms of room set-up but I know that it will all come together. "Meet the Teacher" is Thursday evening so I will need to do some prioritizing to insure that I am ready for that event.

Kaeden's 1st birthday is on the 26th so much of next weekend will focus on that milestone. He is such a charmer. I hope that all of his years don't go by as quickly as this one has. He has a mouthful of teeth, lots of curly hair, a red-hot temper, a pair of feet determined to walk wherever he chooses and a smile that can light up any room. What a blessing he has been!

I heard a song today on K-LOVE that talked about appreciating each moment. I am in the process of searching for the lyrics. Those lyrics will most likely be my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment