Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The School Year Has Begun

Whew! We have survived the first two days of kindergarten. I am amazed at how selective my memory is when it comes to what k-students are truly like when they first arrive at school. Thankfully, I am once again, blessed with an amazing group of students and involved parents. There is one student that I am concerned about. He has a heart of gold but would so benefit from pre-k. I am afraid that these state expectations are going to eat him up alive. I have to keep reminding myself that the only aspect of these children's lives that I can "control" (for lack of a better word) is the 8 or so hours of a day that they are with me. I can't change their home lives. I can't change their upbringing. I can't change their experiences. I am so thankful that I serve a God who CAN do all these things and so much more. I am also thankful for the upcoming 3-day weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment