Sunday, September 2, 2007

So much for plans...

Yesterday didn't run as smoothly as hoped but thankfully, it's over. The family reunion was more difficult than I had anticipated. I ended up excusing myself early and drove around for a while in tearful prayer. I am in this strange sort of 'grieving process' over the relationships I never had and relationships that I may never establish. Par for the course, I imagine, but not enjoyable.

I am also heartbroken for 2 friends who have recently lost their mothers and concerned for another who is inevitably facing some big changes/obstacles. I so easily lay down requests before God but I must learn to LEAVE them there so not to carry around excess worry and concern.

I spent some time at the Christian bookstore and finally found the Bible I'd like to purchase but will have to wait a while for the funds to be available. Unfortunately, all were incredibly expensive. I went by Mom's and spent some time with her, Sheryl and Kaeden. I had an enjoyable visit outside of having a reaction to one of mom's cleaning supplies. My allergies went berserk!! I ended up coming home, crawling into bed at 7 p.m. and slept until 7:15 this morning. At least now, I feel well rested. :)

I am fixing to head out to worship services. The afternoon plans are lunch with Wayne's family at Luby's and then to go shopping with Sheryl. Tomorrow, my only plan is to wash my car and hang out with my hubby. Guess I'll see how things play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment