- Lysa has made this simple request her daily prayer.
- What an awesome heart to have for the Lord. Her words echo my own hearts desire.
- God hears us when we call to Him. When we ask things, in accordance with His will, He answers affirmatively. How amazing would it be a recipient of this request each and every day?
- I want to forever have this overpowering desire for God to be THE focus of my every moment.
Proverbs 18:32 (NLT): God arms me with strength. He has made my way safe. Proverbs 19:32 (NIV): It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
When I believe that I am powerless, I am believing a lie from Satan. I must remember that I have been raised in Christ. The Bible tells me that I am at the right hand of God; the power of the Resurrection lives within me. God is capable of more than I can imagine. He is there for me.
- I wonder why it is so much easier to buy into the lies Satan puts in our paths rather than holding onto the TRUTH that God shares with us in His Word and guides us in through the indwelling of His Spirit.
- There are so many times that I battle with insecurities that can only come from the Devil. I have allowed myself to believe that I am too messed up for God to want to live and work through me.
- Meditate on the blessings I have through Christ.
- I am enjoying the process of actually writing out, at least 5 blessings, that I receive each day. I am striving to step out of the box from being thankful for things like the sunshine, the grass, etc. to training my heart/mind to be aware of the miracles found in the actions, words, and presence of others.
Confidence is a gift from God. Rest in this. Rest in Him.
- This has been an on going struggle all of my life.
- I am so deeply ingrained in the idea that proper performance, good works, etc. result in self-confidence and acceptance.
- I am FINALLY beginning to truly understand that I am NOTHING without Christ.
- There is nothing I can do, say, or become that would even compare to what Christ has already done for me.
- My confidence does not rest in my abilities or accomplishments. My confidence rests in God and what He has allowed, through Christ, to be in me.
Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
- I pray continually for the Lord to replace my self-imposed barriers of protection with total, complete, 100% trust in Him. (Lord, I want to believe…help my unbelief…)
- I can’t add to Lysa’s thoughts noted above. I am in awe of the truth she has exposed.
- I am in awe that this relationship with God is available to even me.
- I am in awe that perfection or performance is not the goal.
- It is all about Him---what He has done, what He has promised.
- I have learned, through personal experiences, that to not be in the center of God’s will is a miserably dark, terrifying place to be. I found such encouragement when Lysa wrote:
Women who say yes to God will see life like few others. They are drawn in and embraced by a love like no other…they sense God’s presence all around them, all through their day…they pursue the adventures of the moment-by-moment divine lessons and appointments God has in store for them. They expect to see God, to hear from Him and to be absolutely filled by His peace and joy…a woman who says yes to God isn’t afraid to be honest with God...