Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Letter Game

My blogger friend, Liz , recently played 'the letter game'. The game seemed like fun so I thought I'd join in. If you want to play, leave a comment on this post letting me know, and I’ll assign you a letter. You are supposed to write about ten things that you love beginning with your assigned letter. Post it on your blog; when people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the game continues. Liz assigned me the letter M. So, let the fun begin...

  1. My mom. She is my hero. After 34 years of being a homemaker in a 'far-less-than-ideal marriage', she left my dad with less than $30.00 to her name. At the time, the experience was horrifyingly heartbreaking, but she relied upon the Lord; returned to the work force, received her associates degree and is now living independently, actively serving the Lord and blessing me by moving close to my home.
  2. Milk chocolate. I love anything chocolatey---could eat it anytime, any place. I, once, was able to eat it without repercussions but now my hips take issue with that statement.
  3. Movies. I am not a big television watcher but love movies that make me feel good. Romantic comedies are my favorite. Also love the movie popcorn; no matter what the grocery store brands say, I have yet to find anything better than the real theater popcorn.
  4. Melted Marshmallows. This wintry weather makes me want to roast marshmallows over an open fire and make some S'Mores.
  5. Mountain Tops. My husband and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and we climbed Diamond Head twice. Amazingly beautiful.
  6. Montana. I went here on a youth group mission trip and was, once again, amazed by the beauty of God's creation. If only I could learn to enjoy the cold...
  7. Mamaw H. and Mamaw D. I was blessed with 2 wonderful grandmothers. I was so grateful that I had the privilege of having them in my life long enough to see me "all grown up and happily married".
  8. Mission Trips. I have been honored to accompany fellow believers to various places within the United States to assist with children's' camps, Summer Bible Schools, and prayerfully hope to be able to join a group of 12-15 friends this coming March for a trip to Jamaica (associated with Christian Camping International) accompanied with a follow-up trip in July.
  9. Music. I can't read music or play any sort of instrument but I love to listen to music. Contemporary Christian Music is my all-time favorite. Too many favorite artists to list but Susan Ashton, Steven Curtis Chapman, Sara Groves always seem to have songs that deeply touch my heart.
  10. Mexican Food. I am, actually, a Tex-Mex girl. Authentic Mexican food doesn't agree with me but Mercado's (a Tyler restaurant) El Chico's, Jalapeno Tree types of food always sound good to me.

2 comments:

  1. I love the "M"s! Ok, we need to get together and go eat some Mexican food...it is my favorite too...then order something chocolate for dessert!

    ReplyDelete