Thursday, February 12, 2009

ABC's of the Word: A



My blogging friend, Pam, at the above site hosts ABC's of the Word each Thursday. I have been silently been following along over the past few months as the participants were completing their alphabetical journey through the Scriptures. They have just begun, again, with the letter A and I am hoping to regularly participate. Thanks, Pam, for the opportunity.
EPHESIANS 3:1-7 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. 4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. 6 So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. 7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. 8 He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.

  • God has placed the thought of His means of adoption in my heart for the past couple of weeks. I am desperately trying to understand that it doesn't matter what my earthly father has said or done. I know, in my head, that my value isn't based upon his thoughts, actions, words, and opinions but those messages are so deeply embedded within me that my heart hasn't fully accepted that fact.

  • I am now a child of God---not because I'm worthy but because "...he decided in advance to adopt (me) into his own family..." He chooses me. He wants me. He has blessed me. He is rich in kindness and grace. He grants me wisdom and understanding because having me as His child brings Him pleasure.

  • Lord, please soften my heart. Rid my soul of the lies I've chosen to believe. I choose You, Father...please allow what You have said to be deeply settled as TRUTH within the recesses of my heart.

6 comments:

  1. WOW, as I read your scripture tonight the word adopt caused me tear up. I am so thankful that my relationship with Him was restored...and His love is so pure. Thank you for joining in the ABC's...God has been using all these weeks of His Words to bless me SO MUCH. May His Truth resound in your spirit, that you may be able to sense His embrace and continue to learn to love well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is your true Father, and He loves you so dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, we'll be newbies together. This was my first week to participate, too, after I'd been following along near the end of the alphabet.

    Tell yourself this because it's true:

    God calls you DAUGHTER.

    Mercy, peace and love, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to keep reading verses like these you posted. I'm with you, in needing to let that love and truth soak in on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy,

    So glad we are starting another journey together. First Yes to God and now ABC's of the Word.

    I love the scripture you choose. It's meant so much to me as I always counted on it for not just myself, having found a father, but knowing that my heavenly father would be my daughters father.

    Our Heavenly Father loves you, thinks you are beautifuly and wonderfully made.

    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! (did you get that "A"?) I can't believe I missed the beginning. I really want to do this with you guys!!! Next week I'll try for the Bs.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete