Tuesday, February 10, 2009

(Self Talk) Hoping that better late than never applies to...




I am so enjoying Jennifer Rothchild's book: Self Talk, Soul Talk. Keeping up with the reading hasn't been at all difficult but pulling my thoughts together enough for a post has been difficult these past 2 weeks...have a gnawing sense of truth that my table (as referenced in this weeks chapter) is off balance.

The weather tonight is affecting computer capabilities...gotta love still being in the 'dial-up' world. (hehe). I am hoping to have the opportunity to read every one's posts and post my own thoughts by the weekend but I am not in a place to make any promises...

If you feel led to do so, please remember the following people in prayer:

  • a dear friend, and previous co-worker, Beverly, who was diagnosed with breast cancer last Friday. The doctors feel confident that they 'caught it in the early stages' but it is still a scary time.
  • my niece-by-marriage, Kaylyn, who is scheduled to give birth to her beautiful daughter, Chloe, this Thursday. All babies are a blessing but Chloe's arrival is filled with a special type of joy since her sweet mother and father have already grieved the loss of a child through miscarriage, and the sudden events that led to losing twin girls that were stillborn. Kaylyn has LITERALLY been in bed for the past 35 weeks except for the short amount of time she was allowed to be mobile for her father's funeral in November after a sudden and VERY unexpected heart attack. She has had more than her fair share of grief and there are so many who are prayerfully anticipating little Chloe's debut.
  • one of my Pre-K students. This child is beyond amazingly precious but he has some significant developmental delays that are obvious to all except his parents. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for a parent to accept that their child is not on a "normal status". Please pray for their comfort, strength, wisdom, and that they will be able to quickly overcome their shock so plans may be put into action that will allow for improved care and special accessibilities for their baby boy.
  • my 'baby sister' who is having a very difficult time in adjusting to her recent move to West Texas, especially after her husband recently lost his job. They are not in an ideal situation but I know that the Lord will meet all of their needs. I am 13 years older than my sis and can only imagine how hard it must be for parents to "let go". God bless all of the moms and dads out there!!
Looking forward to becoming a bit more table-balanced, so to be able to re-connect with all participating in this study. Am praying for the safekeeping and care of you all.

8 comments:

  1. Crazy, thunder is rolling all around my world tonight...oh, here comes the rain. I think this is just one of those areas where we need to relax in His peace and not worry about keeping up...peace to your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what Pam said. I need to make myself go to bed, and as I lie there, I'll pray for you and yours, especially your sister.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying over your prayer requests sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, stacy, I have had trouble expressing my thoughts on this chapter this week (so I did the irresponsible thing and tooka week off!) It spoke volumes, much needed reminders to place my hope in Him. Really needed that extra encouragement this week to get me through.

    Praying for your sweet loved ones, especially your neice-her story just tendered my heart.

    luv,
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this an awesome book?! You are such a blessing Stacy to bring your friends and family to our prayers. Thank you for sharing your insight and wisdom. We will keep them all close this week. And good luck with that table tilt - I find keeping my three legs balanced is a life-long journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stacy, I did not post last night because of the same storms rolling up here. (I am north of Grapevine)
    I will pray for the many dear ones who need to see the Lord at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and the ones you mentioned. I too have had a crazy couple of weeks and been away from blog land, kind of miss it! I also can so relate to the joys of dial-up!! I pray God is blessing you today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy,
    Oh crazy storms. I'm spoiled in Cali, we pray for rain out here.

    I will be lifting your friends and family in prayer, and you as well. Praying you get all those legs strengthened.

    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete