Thursday, March 19, 2009

Daily Gratitudes # 2

For the past couple of months, I've kept a sidebar of "Daily Gratitudes". I've really enjoyed having these small moments of appreciation. I couldn't, possibly, list all that I am grateful for each day but having the simple reminder to keep an "attitude of gratitude" has been worthwhile for me. I am going to keep the sidebar posts going but 'cut and paste' that list into a post after a month or so.

Daily Gratitude: I am thankful for...
  • March 19: my "new-to-me" frig that my sweetie surprised me with. Thank you, Wayne

  • March 18: my brother's steady, continual recovery

  • March 17: the time off work that my husband has taken to heal and to rest.

  • March 16: the many teaching materials at my disposal

  • March 15: my husband...my family & friends...safe arrival back in USA...HOT water...comforts of America...beauty of the Jamaican people...the prayerful opportunity to return to Jamaica in June...

  • March 14: for the graciousness of Nel in allowing us to shower at her cottage when the camp water tank ran dry!

  • March 13: for the innocence and joy of children, even in the poorest of poor situations. LOVED the Chester Primary School...the staff, the students, the families, the community.

  • March 12: for the beauty of Cranbrook Estates, the awesome rainforest and river, and the simple joys of being surprised by soft drinks and Snickers...THANK YOU Michael and Tom!!

  • March 11: for the new relationships with Donna, Tom, Preston, Alayna, Michael, Katelynn, Nel, Teffari, Lemon, Mario, Judith, Barbara, Elaine, Samantha, Arrayn, Maurianna, Tim and the deepening of relationships with Cheryl, Jim, Cay, Caren, and Dan.

  • March 10: for the unity all may have through Christ. Our "group" consists of Dutch, Jamaican, and American & we "connected" instantly. What a gift!!

  • March 9: for the AWESOME natural creations that God made. Didn't realize we were camping on the outskirts of a rainforest. INDESCRIBABLE beauty!

  • March 8: for an EARLY-morning Starbucks Strawberry Creme & a safe arrival in Jamaica.

  • March 7: my mom helping me finish up my shoppping tasks and my husband for helping me pack for the Jamaican trip.

  • March 6...the availability of prescription medications that have helped me to feel SO MUCH better!!

  • March 5: ...the "good-to-go-with-precautions" from my dr. regarding the mission trip to Jamaica

  • March 4:...the blessings of 2 dear friends' loved ones experiencing health recoveries

  • March 3...the faithful prayer warriors in my life & for the blessing of my brother having already been allowed to return home

  • March 2:...the survival of my brother in what could have had been a far more tragic accident

  • March 1:...the convenience & ease of shopping while so many around the world can't even imagine the privilege of being able to do so.

  • Feb. 28: ...carefree days to relax and recupe.

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful things to be grateful for dear, bless you.

    ReplyDelete