Sunday, March 29, 2009

Journey to Jamaica, Day 5

Thursday, March 12, 2009
Unfortunately, today was pretty much miserable until 6 p.m. I must've slept in the wrong position because I woke up with pain in my shoulder that radiated up to my neck, and into my temple and left me with nauseating migraine. I took the proper meds but very little, if any, relief. One of the team members knows massage therapy and after he "worked" on my shoulder, the pain was manageable and the nausea dissipated. I was able to eat the tuna fish sandwiches that were prepared for lunch though the throbbing-sensitivity-to-light-headache continued. I finally retreated back to the tent at 1 p.m. and slept until 5:30. When I awoke, all was much more manageable and I rejoined the group for dinner. Definitely didn't "carry my load" today but all were graciously understanding.

("3-minute-shower-rule" broken down into seconds...no joke!)

We had some sort of Chinese-looking food for dinner. Afterwards, Tom and Michael surprised us with cold Snickers bars, Pringles, Doritos, and soft drinks. All were crazily EXCITED about this unexpected treat. Would hate to see how we would have scarfed these items down if we had truly been deprived for more than a few days. The remainder of the evening included a devotional time and casual visiting. The evening fun made up for the miserable morning and afternoon though I hate that I wasn't a better member of the team in regards to the work efforts but things happen, I suppose.

1 comment: