Saturday, April 4, 2009

ABC's of the Word: H

For more Scriptures relating to the letter H, visit the gracious hostess of this activity, Pam
Job 11: 13-19
Yet if you devote your heart to him
and stretch out your hands to him...
then you will lift up your face without shame;
you will stand firm and without fear.
You will surely forget your trouble,
recalling it only as waters gone by.
Life will be brighter than noonday,
and darkness will become like morning.
You will be secure, because there is hope;
you will look about you and take your rest in safety.
You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid...
  • According to Webster-Merriam dictionary, hope is defined as: to desire with expectation of obtainment; to expect with confidence
  • A couple of days this past week were horrifyingly difficult and there were moments where hope seemed out of reach.
  • The attempts of Satan to place words of untruth in my heart and in my mind were eventually extinguished by the Truths that are hidden in my heart and by the Truths that Godly friends would bring to my mind as they stood prayerfully watching and waiting.
  • I was forced to enter a realm within my heart that I, ultimately, had to face alone with God and make a choice on whom I was going to allow to be bigger---the fears, the anxieties, the pain or my God.
  • I am thankful that God proved to be bigger than the past; bigger than the pain; bigger than the lies; bigger than the injustices of abuse; bigger than ANYTHING that Satan attempts to place in the pathway of my journey with God.
  • Thank You, Lord, for allowing such hope. Thank You for the Truth of Your Word and for the friends You have given to me to exemplify Your love, and Your Truth. Thank You that, because of You, I can lift my face without shame; that the darkness will be illuminated by light; that I can stand firm without fear; that I can be secure in my rest with You and that I need not be afraid of anything or anyone.

4 comments:

  1. Stacy,

    What a powerful verse, and thank you for sharing it. He is our hope and light.

    I'm so glad that you clung to the truth instead of listening to the lies of the nasty one.

    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post....He is indeed bigger and more creative than anything we can imagine. He can rename us when the world lets loose it's lies. You are His beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, I join you in thanking and PRAISING God for HOPE! Where would we be without it? An old hymn came to mind:
    My hope is built on nothing less
    Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
    I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
    But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

    When darkness seems to hide His face,
    I rest on His unchanging grace.
    In every high and stormy gale,
    My anchor holds within the veil.

    On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
    All other ground is sinking sand;
    All other ground is sinking sand.

    And speaking of Jesus' name...have you ever just gotten alone and start saying "Jesus" over and over and over? It always does something to me. There truly is POWER in the name of Jesus (which is another great hymn!). Thank you, JESUS!

    ReplyDelete