Friday, April 10, 2009

ABC's of the Word: I

For more Scriptures relating to the letter Ii, visit Pam at her website.
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, a friends sharpens a friend.
  • While researching this verse, I discovered the website: bible.cc, bibletools.org and visualbiblealive.com Both of these websites seem to be amazing study helps with the Bible---just wanted to share :).
  • This verse was brought to my mind with appreciation for the friends in my life who challenge my thinking while encouraging me to make sure that my thoughts are centered upon the truths of God.
  • Forerunner Commentary from http://bibletools.org/: This is another indication from Scripture that, when we are in the companionship and the fellowship of others, we tend to shape each other. We rub off on each other...Are we rubbing off on each other for good, or are we rubbing off on each other for evil? Are we lifting one another up, or are we pulling one another down? We do not have to try consciously to do either. It will just happen...But in our Christian fellowship, we have the responsibility before God to work to rub off on each other for good. As long as we are conducting ourselves aright, it will rub off in the right way. In other words, all we have to do is work on ourselves. If we work on ourselves, then the projection of the self, the spirit that will go out from us, will be right, and it will have the right kind of impact.
  • Praying that this verse and the shared commentary words bring about remembrances of those in your life that have "sharpened you" in your personal journey with our God.


5 comments:

  1. It is a gift to have those relationships. Hope your Easter weekend is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy,
    wonderful post!! God brought this verse to me earlier this week as I was thinking of how blessed I have been by the women I have met online and the trusted few who are seeing me through this awful storm I've found myself in. I do so want to be" iron that sharpens" to my friends. Thanks

    In His love,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for the changes God had brought about in me over the years through His Word, Holy Spirit, and the people he brings into my life who sharpen me. I like the word you used, but can't remember, was it "rub"?

    Thanks for the message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy,

    Thanks so much for stopping by today. So nice to met you.

    This was great!!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete