Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Praise Report on Prayer Requests...

THANK YOU for your loving thoughts and prayers.

  • Keith, my 7th grade friend, came through his surgery better than expected---Praise God. His thyroid cancer is the form that is most successfully cured. Apparently, there are 4 types of thyroid cancer and he has the "best form" (!!). They did have to remove one-half of his thyroid but his recovery is going well. He will begin radiation treatments in approximately 4-6 weeks.
  • Jake left for boot camp with excitement, anticipation, and amidst a few tears.
  • My summative conference went well. A few awkward moments but all topics that needed to be discussed were successfully covered, amidst some stuttering, watery eyes and a nervous rash (all from me, of course!!). My principal, Michelle, is a gracious, compassionate, Godly woman and I am so thankful that she is not only my boss but has also become a dear friend. Time will tell if the conversations lead to any pertinent changes but I feel blessed to have been "heard."

Whew!! What a day :).

1 comment: