Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Random thoughts along the way of life...

Not sure what direction this writing is going to take but I felt compelled to place my thoughts in black-n-white. These past 3 years have been more difficult than I ever anticipated, yet filled with more blessings than I could ever count. I'm still unsure about what all that has transpired actually means, but I do know that I have, repeatedly, been driven to my knees and am learning more and more each day how much God does truly love me and how my love for Him grows with each passing moment.

I have been so blessed with people whose life purpose is focused upon God. All that once seemed so important to me has fallen by the wayside; NOTHING matters more to me than learning more and more about God and knowing how to better love and better serve Him and others in my life.

Some days are harder than others. The ghosts of the past continue to have more power than I'd like them to have, but the power is dissipating. Some days I feel as if I am one of the walking wounded and other days, I feel as if I could soar like an eagle. I know that 'healing is a process' but how I am longing for consistency--especially in the emotional arena.

I know that all else pales in comparison to knowing, loving, and surrendering ALL to God but the control-freak inside of me is still, at times, gripped with fear about where this 'surrender' may lead. I acknowledge and repent of this fear because I know that this is a tool of Satan's to keep my heart within his grasp. After all, I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR because my Lord can hold the ocean within the palms of His hands (see Isaiah 40) so I KNOW that He can and will handle all that comes my way.

So, I will continue on this journey, amidst the hills and valleys, while trusting that God has made me more than a conqueror (Romans 8) and that He can and will cast out all of my fears.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, keep on keeping on my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, I feel that I am right there with you. You are not alone and God knows the path He has in store for you. I heard to today on K-Love that you learn more about God and yourself while in the valley. I am thanking God today for those valley's. You are so special in the eyes of our Father and you words have made you special in mine. Keep on the journey girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone, sweet friend. I have to lay down my burdens over and over again because I keep picking them back up! Life is hard, and the evil one wants nothing more than to distract us from an intimate relationship with God. Keep pursuing! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete