Saturday, May 16, 2009

Poetry from the Past

I enjoyed writing "poems" a few years ago but never really progressed past the stage of 'rhyming-words'. Giving a shot to the writing challenge found at the higher calling blog.

The Cave
I walked through the darkness in the dead of the night.
Be my glory ever---Jesus shined the light.
Though silent and stumbling, I fell along the cave.
Jesus shined forth a path to guide me all the way.
The way was treacherous, jagged and confined;
Yet I felt the gentle warmth of His hand in mine.
I walked out in the opening and into the light.
My Savior's arms grabbed me; I felt His strength and delight.
"Oh, Heavenly Father, I thought I was alone."
"No, My child", he answered, "I caught every loose stone."
"Always be faithful, just and true, and know that in the darkest times,
I will always carry you through."
Stacy Golden
1-8-96

6 comments:

  1. Stacy,

    Yay! I love this! It has such a powerful message. Yes, you must definitely pick up your poetry pen again and write some more! I really have enjoyed learning more about writing poetry.

    Brave lady!

    :)Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, I'm so pleased you joined our little poetry walk, with this walk of your own. Poetry is a real joy!

    My favorite line here, maybe because I can really feel it under my feet is "I caught every loose stone." Yes, and yes again.

    Hoping you'll come along with us again in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,

    I'm so glad you are trying your hand at poetry. It is a gift. Not wanting to be a copycat...

    but I love " I caught every loose stone "

    Poetry reminds me of God's word in that, it can be very deep and complicated, hard to grasp yet at it's core it is very simple, an expression of something beautiful.

    Blessings to you today,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to see folks trying poetry again! Thanks for participating.

    This one made me thing of Plato's myth of the cave and the light of truth that we see when we leave the cave. I love your idea of the light of truth being with us in the cave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to type and print this to hang in my pantry.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete