Thursday, May 21, 2009

ABC's of the Word: O



  • The photo above is compliments of heartlight.org

  • Psalm 119:18 in the New Living Translation: "Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your law."

  • I came across this verse while browsing the heartlight website mentioned above and have made that a personal prayer for the past couple of weeks.

  • Just yesterday, through the words of 2 dear friends at 2 separate times, God brought 2 verses to my attention that have greatly altered my attitude and my sense of peace.

  • One verse I was familiar with, yet had never "really" considered what the 2nd part of the verse was describing. Sherrie pointed out those words and my heart melted. The verse was Philippians 4:7 "The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I understood the concept that the peace of God was immensely more than my mind could comprehend but the TRUTH that the peace will guard my heart and mind was so much what I needed to hear because recently I have felt that my very heart was being attacked and that I may very well go crazy if the emotional pounding wouldn't stop. To KNOW that God is guarding those areas has truly given me peace.

  • The other verse I don't think had ever been truly addressed in my life, in my heart, or in my soul. Jim read aloud 1 Corinthians 2:16: "...we can understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ." To know that it is true that I have the mind of Christ because God's Word tells me just that blows my mind away. I (and all believers) have the ability to think like Christ and act/speak accordingly.
  • While processing these truths today, I realized that my words were far fewer than usual. The senseless chattering ceased. The meaningful words increased. The willingness to 'hold my tongue' until I felt prompted, by God, to speak allowed me to better listen to others and offered more times of silence to consider Christ.

  • Lord, once again, You have amazed me. Thank you for blessing me with friends, such as Jim and Sherrie, who lovingly speak Your truth to me. Lord, please plant these seeds of Your Word deep into my soul so that they may grow within me and allow me to live out these truths in my everyday life. I love You, Father, and I thank You so much for loving me. AMEN

  • For more ABC's of the Word, visit Pam's site.

4 comments:

  1. Your scripture is my prayer...I'm doing two different Beth Moore studies and I sense this NEED for God to do something staggering this time around...some things have just been jumping out so I've been praying that His Word would awaken some new things in me. Thanks for taking part Stacy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit! My wife, Cheryl, and I attend Freed-Hardeman. I then went to Harding Graduate School. We have a daughter that will be a jr. at Harding this Fall and another daughter that plans to attend there in 2 years. Harding is a great school! I teach one class in the online program for Harding - Principles of Biblical Interpretation. I'll look forward to reading more of your posts on the book you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray daily for my eyes to be opened to His truth. It is what feeds my life and keeps me going. Can't get enough of scripture!!

    In His Graces~Pamela

    ReplyDelete