Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Daily Gratitudes # 6

I keep a sidebar for my "Daily Gratitude". I enjoy having these moments of appreciation. I couldn't, possibly, list all that I am grateful for each day but having the simple reminder to keep an "attitude of gratitude" is proving to be worthwhile. I keep the sidebar posts going but 'cut and paste' that list when it gets lengthy.
I AM THANKFUL FOR...
  • Saturday, May 30: for a good night's rest, soft sound of early morning rain, and a beautiful sunrise on the lake.
  • Friday, May 29: need I say it again...THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
  • Thursday, May 28: for my class-room parents who DON'T think that they are THE exception to the school schedules and routines...hmmm, I may be misusing gratitude to voice a complaint. 1 more day of school...1 more day of school...
  • Wednesday, May 27: for my wonderfully amazing co-workers. Bullard ISD is a great place to work!
  • Tuesday, May 26: for the last "full day schedule" of the school year!! YAY!!
  • Monday, May 25: for a beautiful sunshine-y afternoon and for the Pre-K Completion Ceremony.
  • Sunday, May 24: for my husband's graciousness at the times I feel out of sorts.
  • Saturday, May 23: for the convenience of OTC medicines that help when feeling "out-of-sorts".
  • Friday, May 22: for a nice surprise dinner out with my husband. Thank you, Wayne.
  • Thursday, May 21: for a fun-filled morning with my Pre-K class while participating in the campus' "Field Day".
  • Wednesday, May 20: for having the privilege to learn more of God's Word with an amazing group of women. I so appreciate you, Sherrie, Kathy, Debbie, Krystal, Rebecca, Cheryl, Jill, and Dena.
  • Tuesday, May 19: for trustworthy people who say what they mean and mean what they say.
  • Monday, May 18: for stomach-aching laughter with good friends.
  • Sunday, May 17: for the reminders of what a privilege we, as believers, have in the power of prayer.
  • Saturday, May 16: for a FABULOUS niece and nephew who are celebrating their May 11th bday with a fun party today. Can't believe it's been 9 years, Allen and Elizabeth. I love you both SO much!!
  • Friday, May 15: for "perfect weather" for the Pre-K "nothing-but-fun-day"!
  • Thursday, May 14: for the ability to wish a long-lost friend "Happy Birthday" via Facebook. Enjoy your day, Kristina!!
  • Wednesday, May 13: for classroom parents who are actually involved in their child's life and education.
  • Tuesday, May 12: for loving people who cover me in prayer when times are tough. "Thank you's" especially to my blogging buddies Denise, Gail, Tina, and Susan. Each of you are appreciated.
  • Monday, May 11: for the opportunity to attend a workshop tomorrow & escape the frenziness of the end of the school year for at least one day.
  • Sunday, May 10: for an amazing Mom whose daily strength and perseverance continue to amaze me. Happy Mother's Day, momma! I love you very much.
  • Saturday, May 9: for a husband who allows me to 'crash-and-burn' after a week filled with activity, emotion, and chaos.
  • Friday, May 8: for my God who is capable and willing to over-ride and bring out the best from the foolish choices I make.

(Thanks to heartlight.org for the photo depicting Scripture.)

1 comment:

  1. I love you, and appreciate your thankful heart sweetie.

    ReplyDelete