Thursday, June 4, 2009

Personal Prayer Request

Dear Friends,

I received word earlier this week that my dad is now receiving hospice care and my heart is breaking. He has "called wolf" many times regarding illnesses but this time, it seems to be legitimate (though it is difficult to tell, he is a master at scheming manipulations). I still do not have any contact with my dad---now going on 5+ years. The only thing that seems to have changed is his physical health status, so personal contact remains an unwise and unsafe option.
  • Please pray for his salvation above all. Please pray for his comfort and healing, if God wills.
  • Please pray for me and my siblings as we face this undesirable situation. My 2 sisters and I no longer have a relationship with our dad. My brother lives in the same town and is carrying the brunt of whatever responsibilities this entails.
  • Please pray for the skill of those responsible for his care.
  • Please pray for whatever details/issues I may not have thought of because of feeling a bit overwhelmed.

THANK YOU dear ones. I very much appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Precious Stacy, you are in my prayers. And for your dad, I pray that in these final days the wall of pride will come tumbling down, the veil will be removed from his eyes, and his heart of stone will be softened and open to receive the Truth of God's grace and love.

    I love you, sweet girl.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so hard to be the 'support' for the man who was your greatest 'rock' for you when you were little. Like the tides have turned.

    Beyond the care you need to arrange for your dad, I pray that this will be a really close time for you and you dad, that he will see in you your hope in Christ and you dad would become open to wallowing in His love lavished on Him through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie, you have my love and prayers. I pray your dad will realize how very much He needs the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy,
    I will pray for your dad to come to Christ. I think often it is at the last moments when people are finally at the end of themselves that they can see Jesus. That is why it is so very important to lift them up in prayer. think of the thief on the cross.

    Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Stacy. Estrangement makes it all the harder. I will pray for you and your sisters, and definitely for your father.

    Blessings, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lean on God during this Stacy. You are so sweet and I'm glad that you are staying away if that's what is safest for you. Very wise.
    Will be praying for you...keep me updated on you. chealey5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete