Sunday, January 31, 2010

Continuing the Journey

I want so much to believe all that God has promised yet still struggle with so much doubt and uncertainty. If someone else is expressing the things that I am inwardly experiencing, I have the "right answers", the "proper Scriptures", and will faithfully pray for them. But for reasons I can't quite comprehend, I continue to feel as if I am the exception to the rule of God's grace, forgiveness, goodness, mercy and love even though I KNOW that is not true. I know that I am not to base my decisions, etc. on 'feelings' but on the Truths from God. But it can be so difficult at times; especially when the feelings come on so strong---even in the midst of sleep.

A friend recommended that I read and truly study a book by Robert McGee titled Search for Significance. I am praying for the Spirit to guide me to the truths in this book that I so desperately need to grasp hold of. I love my God and I know He loves me but the journey continues to be filled with moments of fear and weary and I know that is not what God intends for me in my relationship with Him.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you, and asking God to gently lead you through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ride certainly gets tough!!! But there is no denying that there are a plethora of emotions that we get to experience and the best companion to come along with us ... our Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,
    I am here with you, I will pray for you . I feel like I am on a similar journey. I too have struggled along, knowing the truth of God's word while being tossed around by my "feelings" they don't always match up.

    I look forward to hearing what you think of the book.

    In Him,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...We should live closer and become Bible Study pals...there are those moments when, though I know God and HIS truths...I feel so alone and empty.
    I will be praying for you as you search for truth and hope to hold on to. So glad you are blogging again.
    Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to come the soul restoration of people who are real - expressing real issues. Most of the times i just feel overwhelmed with severe fear, panic,anxiety,heart pain, mental distortion etc. This no joke & most plp just don't get it whenu tel them! This has been my prayer Psalms 119: 28 My soul weeps because of grief;
    Strengthen me according to Your word. Let's stand "2gether" in prayer for restoration.

    ReplyDelete