Saturday, January 9, 2010

Part 2: Returning to Blogging w/ Reflections, Renewal, & Rejuvenation

A new year often seems like a fresh start; some say it as if the old has passed away & the new has begun. I love the concept but know, with certainty, that all of the occurrences in 2009 & the years past) are going to need more than a change of date to be reconciled, renewed and healed.

I am so thankful that, through Christ, each and every moment is a time of renewal and restoration. God doesn't work on an earthly time frame, but His timing is perfect. The start of a "new year" sounds full of promises & peace, but peace can only be found through Christ.

Father God,
I thank You for the gift of peace that is mine, only because of what Jesus has done. (Romans 5:1) Thank you for sending Christ at just the right time so that I may rejoice in the wonderful relationship I now have with You. (Romans 5:6, 10, 11) Lord, I praise You for the new life that came through the sacrifice and deliverance of Your Son. (Romans 6: 8, 9, 13)

Father, I thank You for the assurance that even though I grow weary at times; I have comfort & hope in the truth that whatever experiences occur are temporary & that Your Spirit will guide and sustain me. (2 Corinthians 5:2, 5) I thank You for the promises of newness, reconciliation, and restoration that are through Your love, by Christ's actions, rather than any time-table set by man. (2 Corinthians 5:17, 18, 21)

There are many circumstances in this world that break my heart. At times there are (and have been) words and actions that seem to crush my soul. Lord, I pray for the determination and discipline to not focus my mind on those things. Help me to gaze into Your compassionate eyes; to abide in Your loving arms; to fully think of the realities of heaven; & to always remember that my life is now in Christ and through Him, I am more than a conqueror. I am saved, secure, and filled with the presence of Your Spirit. (Colossians 3: 1-4, 10; Romans 8)

Father, I continue to battle with regret, bitterness, anger & hurts from the past, yet I continually feel the healing power of Your love, compassion, & mercy. Help me to rely on those precious gifts from You. Enable me to accept & allow the peace that comes from Christ to rule above all other emotions. (Colossians 3:15) Lord, help me to live each moment, prayerfully, before You with an understanding heart/mind, with an attitude of gratitude, and a mind grounded in Truth. May Your words live in my heart & may all I do and say be a true representation of Jesus & Your glory. (Colossions 3:16, 17)

Through the Blessings of Your Beloved Son, AMEN

3 comments:

  1. So nice to "meet" you here. Thank you for your words over at Getting Down With Jesus. I tracked back through to find you, and your beautiful voice here at Soul Restoration.

    You've woven Scripture beautifully through your prayer. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH...one of the lost has been found. My computer did something weird quite a while ago and I lost all sorts of links and I have been thinking about you...wondering how you were but couldn't remember where to look for you. So I looked on everybody's site that I visited to see if you posted a comment..... I FOUND YOU AGAIN! okay...now I will calm down and go forward...I actually have to go back and read your post...I was so excited to find you I clicked on comment before I read your post...LOL

    ReplyDelete