Saturday, January 9, 2010

Returning to blogging with reflections, renewal & rejuvenation

I woke up this morning thinking about all that has occurred over the past 3 years. Circumstances and situations from late 2008 and through 2009 were weighing upon my heart. Seems that so much has occurred within that time frame.
  • Marcus' untimely death in November '08
  • David's possibly avoidable death in December '08
  • Scare with Doug regarding what thankfully was not a heart attack
  • My sister and her family moving out of town
  • Moderate-injury of my shoulder that caused a lot of aggravation and inconvenience
  • The AMAZING mission trip to Jamaica
  • A successful hosting of "Easter Sunday" with a huge number of family members
  • An enjoyable 1st sleepover at my house with both nephews and my niece
  • Re-connecting with my older sister after years of non-communication
  • Re-discovering old friends via Facebook
  • An ever-increasing deepening of my own relationship with God
  • Marital struggles that seemed inevitably to end badly yet God has blessed us with a sense of renewal and re-commitment
  • My brother, Kevin, being seriously injured while on-duty as a policeman
  • The miraculous births of Chloe, Riddick, Marcus, Sam and Joshua accompanied by the sadness of Joshua's death.
  • Amazing displays of faith exhibited by the following families during times of tragedy, illness, and loss: Turner, Hager, Smithies, Hall, Morrison, Graves, and Nolley.
  • Devastating physical, emotional, and mental repercussions from pharmaceutical/medicinal mistakes that led to deepening depression, a short-term hospitalization, and an extended-leave-of-absence from work due to "SSRI Discontinuation Withdrawal Syndrome"
  • The amazing "virtual friendships" established through blogging with many wonderful people including Carol, Denise, Gail W., Laura, Leila, Liz, Paula, Sande, Sue, and Tina.
  • The opportunity for "closure" with my dad before his expected, though untimely death on Christmas Eve '09 followed by a 'surreal experience' at his memorial services on New Year's Eve.

What a journey it has been. While thinking on these things, God allowed me a supernatural awareness and led me to His Words that have truly enlivened my heart, mind, and soul...now just to get my body to follow :o).

Due to time constraints, I must close for now but looking forward to returning with the blessed insights that God showed me this morning.

2 comments:

  1. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh. When it rains it pours. Speachless.

    ReplyDelete