- The right word will usually come when one is still and waiting to hear what God is telling you.
- Please lower your voice and shut the door quietly, please is said in my Pre-K classroom at least 10 times per day.
- Up in the clouds is where my head has been lately; thinking of tasks to come rather than the ones at hand.
- At my house, with blaring music and cleaning supplies is where you'll find me this weekend as I prepare for 50+ Easter Sunday guests.
- Ooh! What is that smell? Thank you to the PTO for bringing lasagna and sides to the teacher's lounge on Thursday. The entire building smelled scrumptious!!
- I think a 3-day week-end is a good idea.
- And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing, tomorrow my plans include cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and Sunday, I want to attend worship services, complete lesson plans, and finish up the video series "NuMe" by Andy Stanley!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
- Today I will be so grateful for the expected Spring Time weather. Love sunshine-y days!!
- Some people ask "why me?" and I say why not me?
- What do you think of being rid of daylight savings time and continuing to simply have longer days of actual day-light?
- At my place of employment it's free Pastry Day til 1030 Friday! Not often but it has been known to happen. Who wouldn't love a fresh glazed donut waiting for you upon your arrival?!
- People say that what we're all seeking is our own self-interests but I choose to disagree. Most people that I am privileged to know are basically self-less and seek God above all
- The image I cherish most is actually being held in my Savior's arms one day.
- And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing my mom and talking with my friend, Randy, tomorrow my plans include continuing to prepare/clean the house for the barrage of family members on Easter Sunday and spending time with my brother, Kevin, and my adorable niece, Elizabeth and Sunday, I want to attend
both Bible Class and Worship Services at Bethel Bible Church…it's been way too long!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Today has been a great day! I actually got to school early and had time to set the room up with some "leprechaun tricks" (chairs turned over, items moved, mis-matched center toys, and green glitter spread throughout the room.) The students had such a good time trying to restore order to our classroom and searching for a note from the "leprechauns". The morning was filled with hugs, "I missed you's", and lots of giggles. The weather was beautiful so we went on a special walk to observe all the changes that the new season is bringing. No matter how yucky some of the days are, I know that I have the BEST job in the world and am so blessed to be employed where I am and to have the privilege of working with the best co-workers and so many wonderful families.
Stopped by Walmart after school (a usual dreaded task) but knowing that the sun would be shining when I left the store and headed home made it much easier. Requesting prayer for my mom who has injured her knee, my sister who is facing one of those "big-life-decisions", and my brother & his family as they will be out of touch while camping out for his kid's "Spring Break". So many people are in need right now…so grateful that God is far more aware and far more capable of meeting those needs. Praying that He will use me as His tool whenever and wherever needed.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Looks as if the Pre-K program will be moving to a full-day program next year and I think that will make a world of difference in my teaching attitude and in the "gist" of the daily schedules. Having 2 groups seems to be such a rush to cram everything needed in and I am simply wiped-out by the end of the day.
I was prayerfully considering returning to kindergarten but my principal encouraged me to stick with Pre-K for one more year b/c she thinks I will adore the new schedule and set-up. I should be in bed right now but my mind is going ninety to nothing with all the things coming up. I am praising God for having had this opportunity to rest and continually praying to find/make the balance between home, school, friends, etc. work better for the sake my physical, spiritual, and emotional health.
Friday, March 12, 2010
1. I am so looking forward to spending time with my mom, sister, and nephew Kaeden. Can't imagine how much one must love their own children because my niece and nephews fill my heart in more ways than I had ever imagined!
2. I'll clean out my school closet later. Simply couldn't bring myself to even enter the school building while on the "Spring Break".
3. When you get discouraged, call out to God and seek His counsel through His Word and His people.
4. Learning to "let go" and stop trying to be all and do all is a big part of my life right now.
5. If you need anything, don't count on others to know unless you kindly speak up.
6. I am so wanting to go camping for a trip.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to completing the organization of my new home-desk area, tomorrow my plans include cleaning off the cobwebs and such from the front and back porches and Sunday, I want to re-connect with friends that I've been neglecting and go worship my Heavenly Father!
I have been able to rest when needed, visit with a few precious friends, enjoy time with my mom, my sister & her family, and took the "me-time" to get re-focused and rejuvenated for WHATEVER the future may hold.
Joy and peace are returning to my soul after I was beginning to believe that may not ever be possible. God brought it to my attn. that I keep praying for ways to cope rather for complete healing; for Him to strengthen me rather than enabling me to rest in His strength. I am so prone to being a "do-er" that when "doing" wasn't working, all felt lost, and worthless. SO UNTRUE and I will not allow Satan lies to take me off track in my relationship with God for one more day!
I'm looking forward to this "fresh start" and "new beginnings". Time to deal with the past, put it in its place and move forward. Praising God for the opportunity and privilege to do so through and only because of Him.