Sunday, March 14, 2010

Well, "Spring Break" is officially over. Ho-Hum...

Tomorrow, I return to work---to the classroom tasks, to the never-ending energies of children, and the insurmountable task of ever feeling "caught up". I so enjoyed the break and so enjoy my job but I am REALLY ready for this school year to be over. These past few months have been difficult and I feel like I'm swimming upstream. I am not tired of teaching; I love my little ones…I am just ready for a fresh start. There is still much to do to prepare these precious ones for kindergarten but the time between now and the end of school will FLY by, if the past is any indication.

Looks as if the Pre-K program will be moving to a full-day program next year and I think that will make a world of difference in my teaching attitude and in the "gist" of the daily schedules. Having 2 groups seems to be such a rush to cram everything needed in and I am simply wiped-out by the end of the day.

I was prayerfully considering returning to kindergarten but my principal encouraged me to stick with Pre-K for one more year b/c she thinks I will adore the new schedule and set-up. I should be in bed right now but my mind is going ninety to nothing with all the things coming up. I am praising God for having had this opportunity to rest and continually praying to find/make the balance between home, school, friends, etc. work better for the sake my physical, spiritual, and emotional health.

No comments:

Post a Comment