Friday, January 7, 2011

1 YEAR BIBLE LIFE JOURNAL



I recently began a “Bible Reading Plan” using the “Life Journal” from http://www.lifejournall.cc/
A local congregation; Grace Community is supporting this plan via their blog and a mentoring program. I am looking forward to the participation and the readings.

One of the most appealing things regarding this particular plan was how it includes passages from the Old Testament and the New Testament in each daily plan. I am not doing so well, thus far, sticking with the scheduled readings because of staying focused and dealing with the thoughts and questions that are generated along the way.


The recommended steps include:
  1. Read the suggested passages with an open heart.
  2. Record your reactions, etc. in your journal specifically noting the Scripture that “spoke to you”.
  3. Write down any effects that this ‘new knowledge/perception’ may lead.
  4. Create a table of contents in your journal which includes a dated entry, noted Scripture, topic, title and page references.
The introduction of the Life Journal included an acronym that I was not familiar with but like:

Scripture
Observation
Application
Prayer

I am scribbling my thoughts throughout my journey but as time allows, I’d like to recap the study within my blog for reinforcement, clarity, and readability. Feel free to join me on this journey through reading of these particular posts or by creating your own journey through the links above. Can hardly wait to see what God has in store!

1 comment: