Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Feelings and Faith

Ephesians 6:16: In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan.
I John 1:5-7: This is the message He has given us to announce to you: God is light and there is no darkness in Him at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spirituall darkness.  We are not living in the truth.  But if we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, cleanses us from every sin.
Isaiah 12:2: See, God has come to save me.  I will trust in Him and not be afraid.  The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.
Dear Lord,

Help me to bring all my feelings to You...even the ones that I wish I didn't have.  Father, you know that fear and anxiety still plague me.  I know that feelings are not sinful but I also know that they can be temptations to sin.  When fiery missiles of fear fly at me day night and night; these attacks from the evil one come at me relentlessly.  Enable me with Your strength and wisdom to use my shield of faith to extinguish these flaming arrows.  Help me to rest in my trust in You, regardless of how I feel.  Dear God, help me to persist until my feelings fall in line with my faith.

Please grant me the strength to be honest with You about these fears.  I do not want to hide or pretend in my relationship with You.  I know that if I hide the anxieties in the recesses of my heart that they will give birth to more fear.  Help me to bring my anxieties out into the Light of Your Presence, where they can be dealt with righteously.  Help me to fully trust in You, Lord, knowing that the fearfulness will gradually lose it foothold with me through Your merciful love and grace.

AMEN.

Personal prayers based on the daily devotional book, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment