When I say that I love you it means:
• I am giving you the most excellent of all I have.
• I consider us bound together.
• I will be patient with you.
• I will be kind, caring, and sympathetic towards and with you.
• I will cling to and hold on to what is good in our relationship.
• I will take joy in showing you honor, respect and admiration.
• I will not be jealous, envious, or resentful of you, who you are, what you have, what you do…
• I will not be arrogant, filled with pride or consider myself more important than you.
• I will be forgiving when faults are made.
• I will be genuine, authentic, sincere and real with you. No pretenses.
• I will not be conceited, egotistical, or self-righteous.
• I will not be rude, discourteous, bad-mannered, or impolite to you.
• I will not demand or insist on my own way.
• I will not be bad-tempered, short-tempered, or irritable.
• I will not keep a record of wrongs. I will allow the power of love to cover all offenses.
• I will not rejoice in injustice, unfairness, wrong, or inequality.
• I will rejoice in truth.
• I will never give up on you. I will not suspend my love or relinquish our relationship.
• I will never lose faith in you or our friendship. I will not allow love to be lost, defeated or misplaced.
• I will always be hopeful in our friendship filled with confidence, optimism, positivity and encouragement.
• I will endure through every circumstance. I will not be intolerant or allow love to fade away.
• I am saying I will be here for you without end.
• I will not allow any sort of fears to devastate our relationship because God is love. Love drives out all fear, therefore, in God there is no fear.
• I will not do so perfectly but I can and will love you, in and through Christ, because as we live in Him, the love I have will grow more perfect.
o Proverbs 10:11-13
o Proverbs 17:9
o John 13:34
o Romans 12:9, 10
o 1 Corinthians 13
o 1 Corinthians 14:1
o 1 Corinthians 16:14
o Colossians 3:14
o 1 John 4:8
o 1 John 4:16-19