Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Meaning of Love





When I say that I love you it means:

• I am giving you the most excellent of all I have.


• I consider us bound together.


• I will be patient with you.


• I will be kind, caring, and sympathetic towards and with you.


• I will cling to and hold on to what is good in our relationship.


• I will take joy in showing you honor, respect and admiration.


• I will not be jealous, envious, or resentful of you, who you are, what you have, what you do…


• I will not be arrogant, filled with pride or consider myself more important than you.


• I will be forgiving when faults are made.


• I will be genuine, authentic, sincere and real with you. No pretenses.


• I will not be conceited, egotistical, or self-righteous.


• I will not be rude, discourteous, bad-mannered, or impolite to you.


• I will not demand or insist on my own way.


• I will not be bad-tempered, short-tempered, or irritable.


• I will not keep a record of wrongs. I will allow the power of love to cover all offenses.


• I will not rejoice in injustice, unfairness, wrong, or inequality.


• I will rejoice in truth.


• I will never give up on you. I will not suspend my love or relinquish our relationship.


• I will never lose faith in you or our friendship. I will not allow love to be lost, defeated or misplaced.


• I will always be hopeful in our friendship filled with confidence, optimism, positivity and encouragement.


• I will endure through every circumstance. I will not be intolerant or allow love to fade away.


• I am saying I will be here for you without end.


• I will not allow any sort of fears to devastate our relationship because God is love. Love drives out all fear, therefore, in God there is no fear.


• I will not do so perfectly but I can and will love you, in and through Christ, because as we live in Him, the love I have will grow more perfect.



o Proverbs 10:11-13

o Proverbs 17:9

o John 13:34

o Romans 12:9, 10

o 1 Corinthians 13

o 1 Corinthians 14:1

o 1 Corinthians 16:14

o Colossians 3:14

o 1 John 4:8

o 1 John 4:16-19



No comments:

Post a Comment