Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wonderful Day for a Wedding!

 
Brittney, your family has always held such an important place in my heart.  I cannot even imagine how my life may have been without the blessings of having both your dad and mom as my dearest friends growing up.


On July 20, 1997, I’ll never forget the look of joy on your mom’s face as she lay in the hospital bed after you had FINALLY arrived.  You dad took me to the nursery window and PROUDLY pointed you out.  You lay there with your head full of hair and we could hear you screaming through the glass.  I teased him about how that strong voice would one day be a great asset on the volleyball field. And one day would be smart-mouthing back at his good-witted humor.



When you mom and dad brought you home, I’m pretty sure they thought I was just going to simply move in with ya’ll.  I couldn’t get enough of watching you grow into such a precious and precocious little girl.


I was amazed at what a wonderful big sister you were, from the very beginning.  You could tease and pester Christopher but your protectiveness of him allowed no one else to even try.  You both could always seem to make each other smile.





From the Spanish Trace Apartments in Greenville to the apt in Minnesota, my heart always went with each of you.
                        

 

Your well-deserved self-confidence and silly antics show me the side I so loved in your dad.

  

He was always so proud of you, Chris and your beyond-amazing mother.  Though your dad’s life on earth was entirely too short for all who loved and adored him, I am so grateful that God allowed him to see both of his precious children grow up.


I am so proud of you and the wonderful woman you have become.  You are an amazing Christian woman with so many gifts and an amazing ability to care for others.  I pray that this new journey you are beginning with Rob will continue to fill your heart with warmth and joy and fill your life with wonderfully precious memories.  

Congratulations and God Bless!

Love Always, 
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment