Saturday, June 16, 2012

Breathe

People often say that "Time heals all wounds".  I am not finding this to be true.  I know that God is capable of healing all wounds but He has also told us that Heaven is our destination and THERE is where there will be no more pain or loss.

I don't quite as easily shed a tear over the friends I lost over 20+ years ago but a sadness remains knowing they are gone and their loved ones still think of them each and every day.  My friend David passed away over 3 years ago and I still can't speak about him without tears filling my eyes and a heaviness in my heart that I can't explain.  The grief seems to deepen as time goes by.  I miss his humor.  I miss his hugs.  I long for his insight on things that are going on in my life.  Because of his health, I knew that losing him was a reality I'd most likely have to face one day but I never imagined it would be this hard.  When he left, it truly feels like a huge part of my heart went with him. I am amazed at how well his wife and children have continued on with their lives because I can't even imagine the depth of their hurt and grief.

I've heard "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"----and I can do both in the same moment.  HATE the hurting. Long to be with God in a place of continual peace but until that time comes, I hold tight to His Words:

No comments:

Post a Comment