Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Generalized but SINCERE Gratitude

For those "keeping up" with me through this silly blog, THANK YOU so much for your prayers, private messages of encouragement, and the variety of loving acts of friendship. These past several days have been incredibly hard.

The school year is drawing to a close with only 8 1/2 hours left to be with "my kiddos". The end-of-the-year goodbyes are always bittersweet but leaving the district that has been my work-home for the past 19 years is so much harder than I anticipated. I want to go. I'm ready to go but yet another loss has been staggering.

Even though, I desperately want to be, I am not okay. Part of me keeps saying: "It's alright;  just 2 more days...2 more days..." while another part says: "AAAGGGHHH! Only 2 more days then WHAT?!?!

Staggering doesn't seem like a strong enough word. Exhausted. Worried. Wounded. Fragile. Weary. Grief-stricken. Confused. Lost. Maybe all of those put together with incredibly lonely (even though friends are near). I KNOW that this will pass. I would just really like to know when. I am so very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment