Tuesday, July 22, 2014

And the Packing has Begun...

My mom went out to the house today and helped me pack up what I wanted from the kitchen and the downstairs wall decorations. I cannot believe how hard this is especially since I know it is the right thing to do. I managed to keep my emotions in check until Bailey jumped into the car and I had to force him out. When will the tears end?!? That was the biggest chore at the house so I think the worst part of the moving process is over. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

Tomorrow will begin with taking the dogs to the vet then making a round trip to B-town to take a car load of boxes. I'm actually looking forward to the alone time in the car though 9 hours may be a bit much. My precious sister surprised me by cleaning the house from top to bottom so it is now move in ready. I would be absolutely lost right now without her loving and caring heart.

This time next week, a new chapter of life will have officially begun. I cannot even imagine how nice it will be to be settled in my new home. I am so appreciative of the gracious kindness shown to me by my family and friends but living as a guest in someone's else home for close to 4 months has been hard yet good for me and my independent self.

No comments:

Post a Comment