Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back to the business of living...

Today has been a much better day. I rested well last night despite some unwelcome dreams. The antibiotic finally seems to be kicking in so physically, I am definitely on the mend. I decorated a few wall areas today and am so looking forward to returning to work tomorrow.

I realized as I crawled into bed tonight, that no tears were shed today. Yay, me!! I will gladly welcome more of those days. My mom brought over supper and my sister sent me some ice cream. I didn't even realize how hungry I was until I smelt the warm aroma of food.

I made out an action plan and always fare better when I have goals set. More on that later but the initial steps included planning for lawn care, decorating house and classroom, a new counselor, plans for a Bible Study and hiring a "handyman" to fix up some things around the house. This isn't the life I envisioned but regardless, it is my life and it IS filled with blessings. Time to get back to the business of healing and living. I know I shouldn't spend a lot on a rental house but I plan to be here for a while so I don't mind making the monetary investment for safety and well-being. The landlord doesn't even live in this area so I don't hold much hope for his taking action anytime soon. I'll keep all receipts and  such and what will be, will be.

The finances this month are much tighter than I expected. Oops!! I may be hanging out at my moms or sisters at meal times. I spent entirely too much on setting up my new classroom.  Paying the rescue fees plus extra donation for 3 dogs probably wasn't the wisest financial move but my heart strings were definitely pulled. Phoebe now has a better home and I adore Jacks and Josie. I'll establish a better budget/spending plan beginning with the next paycheck.

Praying for a peaceful night of rest and the opportunities to be a blessing to others tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment