Friday, October 24, 2014

Daily Gratitudes(17)

1. Yummy lunch from the Runaway Train Cafe with thanks to Deidra and her husband.

2. Technological issues that looked to be a real pain turned easy. Whew!

3. A calm evening leading into the weekend.

4. The gift of having access to David's book. It's been almost 6 years since we lost Dave and I'm just now ready to read his words. While printing out the pages, "hearing" his voice through words he shared was comforting and heart-breaking at the same time. I imagine it will take me awhile to read in its entirety. I know that I'll need to pace the reading to avoid complete emotional upheaval. Bittersweet task. I never imagined life without him would be so hard but I will never regret a single moment.

5. For the weekend. This past week has been tough on so many fronts. I'm grateful for the break and MUST figure out a better way to pace myself because what I'm doing obviously isn't working. I don't think I should be THIS wiped out at the end of a work week.

(While reading through the "gratitudes" of today, I realized there is underlying negativity in most. Thus making me thankful that God has enabled me to hold each thought captive and to only rely on the Truth of the thoughts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment