Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Relief

Feeling such relief! These past few days have been excruciatingly hard. I am so thankful for the power of prayer, the availability of medications and the blessings of supportive friends. Probably TMI for a semi-public forum but I have come to realize that there will be at least one emotionally erratic day each month due to extreme PMS. Blood work has shown that this is a hormonal reality and the best way for me to deal with it is to keep a calendar so to know the date range and prepare accordingly (take extra meds if necessary, increase nutrition, ensure sleep, make no big decisions, etc). The angst/turmoil is real, near-maddening, sometimes frightening but short-lived.

I was caught off guard this month because apparently my hormonal system has created a new time schedule that doesn't correspond with the calendar I've kept for the past few years. Aggravating but oh so relieving. I don't understand why but whatever occurs internally during this time greatly effects my thought processing, my physical energies and leads to overwhelming emotional upheaval. Once the cycle begins, I can actually feel a toxic release. .

So...I've altered the calendar with great relief that insanity is truly not occurring, will be closely monitoring my hormonal meds while praying that my body will get back into rhythm despite the stress of the past 6 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment