Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wonders of a Weekend

Once again, the weather has been crazy. Yesterday, I walked 1/2 a mile in short sleeves with ice water and today we are under a winter warning. Most surrounding school districts have already made decisions regarding late starts and cancellations for tomorrow but my district is hanging tough until 6 a.m. tomorrow. Sigh. I get the wisdom of such but knowing beforehand could possibly mean sleeping in. I'm in the minority here but I'd gladly give up the "no school" on Good Friday if we could have a day off tomorrow.

I had such plans for the weekend but what was in my agenda just didn't happen. Sheryl, Mom and I made an impromptu trip to Abilene yesterday. Unexpected fun is always a good thing. We ate dinner at Red Lobster and I got some great deals at Mardels.

Today's plans were thwarted when I allowed an unexpected email from husband to throw me off kilter. It wasn't totally unexpected and I'm surprised at how predictable his words and actions are. This time, my response didn't even have a hint of guilt or sadness. His words simply just TICKED ME OFF. His lack of respect, subtle attempts at manipulation and point blank stupid threats only serve to further convince me that I am doing exactly what I need to do and making it easier and easier to simply comply with my lawyers suggestions. He really needs to stop attempting to communicate with me directly because my only response will be--send it through your lawyer to my lawyer and whatever will be considered. Sigh, sigh and sigh. I know this is nearing the end of the process but aaarrrggghhh! Enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment