Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Week that was Nothing as Planned.

Today has been an odd day. My mind has a long to-do-list but my body is not cooperating. I'm grateful antibiotics are kicking in and that my voice is finally above a whisper but still feel frustrated. I had a burst of energy and was able to get the living room and kitchen cleaned up.

This wasn't the Spring Break I had hoped for or planned but that's just how it goes sometimes. I was able to get quite a few things accomplished. I didn't get to the "fun stuff" on my agenda but am so grateful that this yucky bout with strep didn't cause any more absences from work. I know that God has all under control so I'm trying not to worry about the job situation but that's easier said than done.

I was able to get 2 pairs of athletic shoes and only have a few more pieces to figure out before the exercise bike is put together. I was able to put enough money back to get a "real bicycle" and am just waiting for an available evening with someone who has a SUV or truck. I'm behind on the "couch to 5k" schedule but not so far, that the goal is unattainable. The health food store has ordered some of the recommended supplements; the paperwork was completed at what I hope to be my new physician's office; I met with a personal trainer that I think will be financially feasible after the next paycheck; the frig is packed with healthy choices and I WILL begin the exercise program tomorrow rain or shine. And I'm already down 5+ pounds. That's a start!

All packages are finally set and ready for the post office. I'm thankful for the graciousness of friends in Tyler who easily forgave me for carrying some of their things with me in the moving boxes. (Oops!!) All of husband's belongings are set and ready to go which is incredibly freeing. And I have found a lot of comfort and relief in knowing that I've left nothing unsaid or undone in regards to another situation. I can only do what God has put on my heart to do and keep moving forward. Now to just get to the post office when the blasted thing is still open.

I'm not as well prepared for the upcoming work week but will get to campus extra early tomorrow and remedy that.

Since Spring Break didn't go as planned, my bucket list for summer has already begun. When life hands you lemons... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment