Thursday, March 12, 2015

Grrrrr...

Lying here tonight in tears of absolute frustration! Looks like I'll be making a trip to the health clinic in the early a.m. I am beyond ready to kick my immune system smack-dab in the butt! I'm on a regular sleep schedule, taking multivitamins, being more active, eating better but still seem to be catching whatever "bug" passes by. I realize the stress of the past year has taken a toll but c'mon, body...COOPERATE with my mind!!

My throat began hurting on Tuesday. My first thought was strep but then I dismissed that because I haven't been knowingly exposed to strep and it's been quite a while since I've had that particular illness. I used to have it so often that I can successfully swab my own throat now for a culture test. Sigh. The soreness didn't seem to be as extreme as in the past so figured it was either allergy related or part of a simple cold.

I've been gargling with hot salt water, using listerine and taking Advil regularly but this evening, the soreness has greatly increased. BOO!! I was supposed to buy a bicycle tonight and the boys were coming over for a sleepover before our trip to the zoo tomorrow. But instead, the evening was spent at CiCi's pizza with forced interaction accompanied by a huge wave of sadness when a large group of guys came in all dressed in Army fatigues.

So now, here I lay feeling incredibly tired but hurting too much to sleep with the boys at their home and my participation on the zoo trip in question. I'm thankful that at least I'm off work and should be back to 100% by Monday but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Whine, rant, complain.
This IS a "little thing" and for that I AM grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment