What a year it has been!!
I've no doubt I was exactly where God wanted me to be these past 10 months but I am so grateful that the time has come and gone.
Loved, loved, loved my students.
Met some fantastic families.
Worked with some fabulous teachers and beyond-dedicated support staff/faculty.
The blessings have far outweighed the negative ending.
I was reminded of some important truths this year:
* I am professionally capable of far more than I thought possible. Having 4 students with special needs was challenging even on the best of days but more rewarding than words could describe.
* I can't control what others choose to believe even if their belief is profoundly untrue.
* Some in authority positions are not deserving of such.
* Choosing to be upfront and honest is incredibly empowering even when things don't go as planned.
* Allowing people to see your weaknesses isn't as terrifying as I have feared.
* One of my greatest strengths can also be my greatest weakness.
* Having a clear conscience and full reliance on God offers more peace than I ever imagined was attainable.
* I can't change the unfortunate circumstances in some of my students' lives but I can create a safe, loving place for them during the time that they are in my care.
* Relying on others isn't always a let-down.
* I need to let adults work out their own issues with other adults rather than trying to keep peace and attempt to make all happy. "Don't put myself out on a limb for others and chop it off behind me."
It's been a rocky year---professionally and personally but the world continues to rotate and life goes on.
Excited to see what the next chapter of life has on store.