Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer 2015 Thus Far

Summer 2015 has been interesting thus far.  
The time of rest has been most welcome and the time to simply “be” has been fabulous.  

This time last year isn’t much more than a blurry memory.  I was still in Tyler but in the midst of moving me and Momma to the Central Texas area.  To say that the move did not go as planned is an understatement. 

Once the moving was complete, I hit the ground running in preparation for what ended up being an exhausting, trouble-filled school year in which I was more than ready to say “good-bye” despite the love I felt for my students and their families.  I was blessed to witness and work with some amazing educators but when that door was closed, it felt ‘freeing’ to hear the door shut behind me.  I had never been in the position to be under the authority of someone who wasn’t trustworthy and it was a definite learning experience. Sad to me that someone can appear to be one way but in reality is a totally different person and others pay the cost but that’s the reality of living in a fallen world so moving on…


Here it is 11 months later and I’ve still yet to unpack all of the boxes though progress in being made.  The health concerns that have plagued me for the past 2-3 years have been figured out with remedies for such in progress.  Yay!Yay!Yay! for hormonal therapy, thyroid medication and simple fixes for anemia.  I was beginning to think that I was half-crazy with the constant fatigue, dizziness, cravings, insomnia, frequent migraines, digestive issues, etc. but turns out that there were PHYSICAL reasons behind such. I’m not grateful for illnesses but I am grateful for the discovery and the remedies and am especially thankful that the end results are not life-altering or life-threatening.  Yay for the improving health which in turn will lead to more restful and peaceful times.


Dr. Schum has been a God-send and my back, neck and legs are significantly better.  The anemia is also to blame for the leg pains and the adjustments have helped tremendously with everything else.  Repercussions of a strenuous move, lack of proper bedding for months on end, picking up children and the natural effects of scoliosis.  Dr. Schum has also been a timely and encouraging support as the legal matters move on to the next chapter.


I am still in shock that husband has made this process so complicated and drawn-out.  His attitudes and actions have been hurtful but have helped to assure me that the decisions that I’ve made thus far were the right moves for me to make.  Too bad that it being “right” doesn’t mean it’s been easy or pain-free.  The pain lessens with each passing day but the grief towards all that has been lost/changed still catches me off guard at the strangest of times.


I’m thankful for the shared wisdom of the people in my life that have been through this journey before me.  I know the path won’t always be onward and upward but onward and upward is the goal so if any back-tracking is to take place, I’ll just have to re-focus, rest up and move on.  The best is yet to come and for that I am grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment